Friday, December 31, 2010

2011, here we come!


2011 here we come!


2010 has been a very difficult year for me. As 2011 approaches I began to wonder if we accomplished anything this year. It seems we take more steps backwards then forwards at time. I know this will surprise many of you who feel taking care of 72 kids 365 days a year is a large enough task in itself. To me, I think about the vision more; all that is to come, all the kids who are not here yet, the ones we are not able to take in, the space we do not have. I know I should count my blessing, but this is my real, honest struggle. The God comes along and blows all my doubt right out of the water. So what did you do this year God?

He answered the prayers we had been praying for years...

Since 2006 we have been praying for electricity on our land. In 2010 God answered that prayer. We need about $20,000 for the poles we bought to bring it in. God is listening!



Here are a few of the many poles it took to bring it to our land.


We were able to watch as the workers strung up the wire.


You can bet we bowed our heads and thanked God for answering this prayer.


This same day we are able to see some of the final slabs of cement being poured in the wall. The last section had a border dispute for the past few years. It was cleared in December and the wall is now 99% done. Praise God.



This is a view of the final portion of the wall.


I am so blessed that God chose to show off the end of this year. I now look back and see ALL that He has done and how he was working so much sooner that I was aware of all along. I am blessed to see the progress with my own eyes and be amazed again at how large this vision is, how much faith is required to walk in daily, and how God is our God.


Happy New Year Friends. I hope you have been amazed by our God this year! He is amazing!



RJP

* one of the first things we get to do in 2011 is purchase a tractor to level the land. That is after we move our girls into their new home... we also hope to jump stateside for a little while :)






1 comment:

Nikki Clifton said...

man I love this so much!! SOOO excited about all of this. So thankful I was able to be there to see for my own eyes all that God has done. Blows me away!