Monday, February 13, 2012

“A longing fulfilled is a tree of life…” Prov. 13:12

We began fundraising for a tractor back in 2006. It may not seem like a very big need, but we were plowing our 24 acres of land with a bullock cart and wooden plow and were dreaming of leveling land and starting construction. We began sharing the need and looking at tractors. Our prayers have continued all these years as have watched the price of tractors increase rapidly.

My daughter, A, who was 4 at the time, began to pray daily during meals times for the tractor. I began to wonder if she would ever see the tractor she was praying for. When Titus Women was started it inspired her to start making glass bead earrings to sell to raise money for the tractor.
She would work for hours on them daily and even hung them on her bedroom door for people to see and purchase to raise money for the tractor. Still to this day she has them on her door. In 2010 she also began to make India necklaces. Her faith inspired me when I felt like giving up. She also inspired others to give to this need.

One of my relatives sends in money monthly for “Abigail’s Tractor Fund.” Another youth group got on board and did a fundraiser to help her out. Last year we had money donated to buy a bulldozer and half of the money for a tractor. This week we finally bought the tractor for the campus development and maintenance!
THANK YOU for giving to this need. Thanks for not giving up, and I am thankful for a child who has taught me to keep on in faith.  May you be inspired today for what you are holding out in faith for!

“I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Ps. 27:13,14

No comments: